GovCERT-Hungary is the governmental CSIRT of Hungary. It operates within the Special Service for National Security. GovCERT-Hungary started its operation on July 2013. With effect of July 2013, GovCERT-Hungary is the Government Incident Response Team of Hungary, designated by a Government Decree. GovCERT-Hungary coordinates preventative work and responses against IT security breaches aimed at critical infrastructure in Hungary.
GovCERT-Hungary’s tasks include:
- Coordinating responses to serious IT security breaches against government networks and critical information infrastructures.
- Promoting information exchange with the critical sectors.
- Coordinating with national and international counterparts to enhance national readiness measures.
- Being the national point of contact for international CSIRT and CIIP organizations.
- Raising awareness in the field of information and network security.
In order to be effective in response against cyber threats, GovCERT-Hungary builds active cooperation with national and international counterparts, takes part in the efforts of international CSIRT and CIIP organizations.